Liverpool news: Mohamed Salah stats prove he’s close to Eden Hazard in ONE area | Football | Sport
Mohamed Salah is struggling to match the high standard he set during the 2017/18 season, but there is still cause for optimism.
The Liverpool ace bagged 31 Premier League goals last season as he set the top flight alight and smashed all expectations in his debut campaign for the Reds.
However, with just one goal since August, Salah has fallen into the shadow of Chelsea hero Eden Hazard.
The Blues’ main man has been in scintilating form with seven goals and three assists in just six starts and two substitute appearances.
Salah has a more favourable run of fixtures in the coming weeks and will be hoping to kick-start his season after the international break.
There is one key area where Salah continues to impress, however.
The 25-year-old still ranks as one of the best dribblers in the top flight, sitting third in the charts of most successful attempts to run with the ball.
Despite attempting more dribbles than almost anyone else, more than two thirds of Salah’s efforts are completed, proving his efficiency when he gets the ball.
Hazard remains ahead of him in the list, but has wasted far more opportunities to run, with almost half of his dribbles reaching dead ends.
Take a look through the stats below to reveal the top 10 dribblers in the Premier League so far this season (based on total of successful dribbles).
10. Josh King (Bournemouth) – 14
9. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) – 15
8. Anthony Knockaert (Brighton) – 15
7. Ben Chilwell (Leicester) – 16
6. Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace) – 16
5. Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace) – 17
4. Nathan Redmond (Southampton) – 18
3. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – 18 (plus 8 unsuccessful)
2. Adama Traore (Wolves) – 19
1. Eden Hazard (Chelsea) – 22 (plus 17 unsuccessful)