Sat. Jul 20th, 2019

Jurgen Klopp issues Liverpool transfer update after victory over Tranmere

2 min read


Jurgen Klopp has suggested Liverpool will not be adding more additions this summer.

The Reds have only signed teenager Sepp van den Berg from PEC Zwolle while a deal for Fulham youngster Harvey Elliott is close.

Both are likely to get a chance to impress but Klopp has provided an update on moves for other rumoured first-team targets.

Liverpool have been linked with the likes of Philippe Coutinho, Nicolas Pepe and Marco Asensio in recent weeks but Klopp has suggested those deals won’t be happening.

Asked if he will be bringing in any first-team transfers after the 6-0 win over Tranmere, Klopp said: “We brought them in already, only you don’t realise it.

Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp gestures

“Rhian Brewster; Oxlade-Chamberlain didn’t play last year; all the young boys today. They are all new players for us, that’s all good.

“The transfer market is open until August 8. The whole of Europe had the idea to close the transfer window early and the only country that did it was then England, so we close it now three weeks before all the others.

“We will see what we do but I don’t think it will be the biggest transfer window of all time.”

Liverpool’s Rhian Brewster celebrates

Brewster scored twice for the Reds at Tranmere and Klopp has suggested the youngster will get regular game time next season.

“I told him already, he has an important role this year – but how important? It depends on him and we will see,” Klopp added.

“He has to play different positions as well because the centre is OK, wing I think is possible, and then we will see how we can line up. There will be opportunities for him, I am really sure.”

Read More

Liverpool latest





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.